Dedication Period Highlights
Visitor Services staff cumulatively completed more than
25,000 hours of training
in preparation for opening
Visitors by Country
The 1,000,000th Visitor September 16th, 2014
- This semester-long afterschool program offers high school students a behind-the-scenes look into the Museum as they examine our collection and the ongoing themes and issues raised by 9/11. With this foundation, students create, plan and lead a tour of the Museum for their own community. In addition, Ambassadors gain professional experience by leading hands-on workshops for intergenerational audiences.
- The Museum provides a diverse set of two-hour Classroom Workshops, which include a tour of specific exhibits in the Museum and a discussion/activity in our Education Center. These inquiry-driven programs are designed to challenge students to think critically about a wide range of topics related to 9/11.
- Understanding 9/11: Our 60-minute tour of the Museum examines authentic artifacts to understand what happened on 9/11, how people responded in the aftermath of the attacks, and the history and rebuilding of the World Trade Center.
- Films, live talks, and other special public programs are presented in the Museum's Auditorium and are free to Museum visitors.
Film: Facing Crisis: America Under Attack
Key 9/11 decision-makers describe the events of the day.
Live Talk: The Stories They Tell
9/11 Memorial staff share behind-the-scenes stories about the Memorial and Museum, and its collections.
Live Talk: We Were There
9/11 family members, first responders, and survivors share personal stories of resilience. Presented by the 9/11 Tribute Center.
visitors to the Memorial since opening in September 2011
Become a Member
Become a Member
visitors to the Museum since opening in May 2014
visitors viewed the film Facing Crisis: America Under Attack
tickets utilized every Free Tuesday evening at the Museum
visitors have shared memories and stories in the Recording Studio
- 16th Annual Seminar for American Arts and Cultural Studies
- Auschwitz Institute for Peace and Reconciliation
- Alliance for Heritage Response
- Columbia University, Graduate School of Architecture, Planning & Preservation
- Council for Holocaust Educators
- FDNY Fire Academy
- Gilder-Lehrman Institute of American History
- New York University, Institute of Fine Arts Conservation Center
- The New School
- United Nations General Assembly
- Muskegon Museum of Art
- 2014 Museums Alaska Conference
- U.K. Arts Council
- Prime Minister’s Commission on the Holocaust
- Museum of Art in Public Spaces
- Utøya Memorial Planning Committee/Labor Youth Organization AUF
- Lugar de la Memoria
- National Heritage Board
- Wagner College
- 7th Annual Niagara Falls Blues Festival
- Harvard University
- Rutgers University
- University of Delaware
- Fort McHenry National Monument
- National 9/11 Pentagon Memorial
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund
End to Ground Zero Recovery